We will not have practice today, Friday, March 18th due to high school building closure resulting from loss of power. It was a great week of practice. Continue your conditioning today by completing the following workout at home:
Warm-up jog and dynamic stretches (heel toe walks with arm swings, sweeps/toe touch walks, hip flexor stretch/leg out to side, toy soldiers, backward toe lift walks, lunges with a twist).
DISTANCE WORKOUT: Boys: 20 minute tempo run (moderate pace run, but not all out) then 10 minute cool down jog. Girls: 30 minutes easy.
SPRINTERS, JUMPERS, THROWERS: Form Drills: Really focus on perfect form. A-skips, B-skips, Ankling, High skips, bent leg bounds, straight leg bounds and karoke. Do a series of quick feet wall drills taught on Wednesday by Coach Gerstner.
Stair Workout: Do the following up a flight of stairs, jogging down.
- Jog up stairs on foot on each x3 flights, Do a state circuit (10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 10 obliques each side, 10 leg tucks, 10 crunches)
- Run up stairs one foot on each x 3 flights, Do a State circuit
- Three steps on each stair x3 flights, Do a State Circuit
- High knees x 3 flights, do a state circuit
- Lunges x 3flights, do a state circuit
- Monkey crawl (hands and feet) X3 flights, do a state circuit
- Double leg hops x 3 flights, do a state circuit
- Crouch walk x 3 flights, do a state circuit
- Skip a step x 3 flights, do a state circuit
- Tippy Toes x 3, do a state circuit
If you don’t have access to a flight of stairs, then do a running workout. Alternate jog for 1 minute, sprint for 15 seconds, jog for 1 minute, sprint for 15 seconds, jog for 1 minute, sprint for 15 seconds, jog for 1 minute. Do a state circuit. Repeat this set 10 times.
Cool Down Jog, Lots of heel walks and toe walks, and Stretch